Thursday 16 April 2009

The Big Smoke - Day Two






Day two in the big smoke and the first port of call was breakfast in Mortlake then a short bus ride to Jane Taylor Millinery. This is Jane's wonderful studio/shop where she creates beautiful millinery and sells some vintage hats too. It was lovely to sit with a cup of tea and talk hats for a while...she really is a very talented lady. You may recognise
her work....
We then popped up to the wonderful Liberty's where we drooled over the fabrics and then to Marylebone(?)high street for a coffee break. Then it was a mad rush back to Paddington for the train home. An exhausting but lovely time! Just a quick update on the Laduree biccies, they lasted 12 hours..and some of that was when we were asleep..does that count?!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Clare
    I really like the sound of your trip to London. All the places I like to visit! VVR is great for selections of ribbons etc but I agree with you that they are over priced on certain things. The packaging of Laduree is so goegeous! Those boxes will be treasured vintage boxes one day!
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good day, I bet it's nice to speak to a fellow milliner! I can remember seeing that hat on the X-factor, I think I preferred it to the singer ;)

    Thanks again for getting me the posy!

    mel xxx

    ReplyDelete