Friday 5 June 2009

As I was going to St Ives.....

No it's not Spain it's our very own St Ives during the half term holiday! The weather was so good my little ones could play in the water and on the beach. The water was still chilly as you can see and it was my youngest's first experience of sand ( we really weren't at all sure!). We spent a great deal of time wandering around the lovely deli's, cafe's, shops and galleries. 'The Digey' in particular is the best cafe and serves wonderful breakfasts ( and yummy brownies too) and the Tate although small is worth visiting just for the architecture and views from the cafe alone. Although we didn't visit Barbara Hepworths house this time we have in the past and its delightful to wander through her garden with all her sculptures. The Leach pottery is also worth a visit if you have time. Now its back home, back to work and the madness of GCSE marking and report writing!!! Have a lovely week whatever you're up to.
























10 comments:

  1. It goes so fast! It looked glorious there, it really does look as if you went abroad. just goes to show when we get the weather we have seaside resorts just as worthy of those abroad!

    Looks like you two little ones had loads of fun.

    Hope work hasnt been to manic.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in St. Ives in 1991. We stayed at an inn called The Gairloch? I had the resident cat as a bed-mate all night. It was great!

    You have lovely little girls.

    Come visit me at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes.

    Kat

    P.S. (I've also been to Wiltshire.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos - there's something about seaside and happy children, you can't help but smile. We live fairly close to the east coast but didn't get over there at all last year, fingers crossed for that hot summer they keep predicting.
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see you on Sunday, we hope you enjoyed the market. It is lovely to meet new bloggers. Hope to see you again soon,
    Maxine and Catriona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, have you heard about our fair in Portscatho? We would love you to take part if you could. Pop over to my blog and have a look. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems all us bloggers love St Ives - we were there at the same time as you!!! We camp in our trusty tent at Ayr Campsite. You have a great blog.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare - I've done it!!!
    I have music on my blog - I think I might be close to tears, can't bear things to beat me.
    I adore Cornwall, we used to take our boys there when they were little too, thanks for stirring up those memories.
    Your little girls look so sweet.
    What a relief you have had lovely little girls to model your gorgeous hats!
    I adore reading your lovely blog.
    Thank you for all your help.
    Hope you and yours have a wonderful summer.
    Take care
    Wx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks just lovely - definitely somewhere I should go!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Clare
    What a wonderful place to go to. I haven't been there for years and really want to go back soon. Maybe later this year. It looks like your daughters had a fantastic time.
    I will be getting in touch soon to get my head measured for a straw hat!
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete