Sunday 27 September 2009

Stroud Vintage







Today was the Stroud Vintage Fair. It was a lovely venue and although it took us a while to get there it was worth it. There were some beautiful things for sale from small mop butttons to original 40's high heels (and some delicious chocolate cake). The fair is run by the lovely couple who own the vintage shop in Stroud (Vintage on High) which is well worth a visit even when the fair isn't on! 'Betty and Violet' (message in a teacup blog) were there with some wonderful things as you can see in the pictures. I managed to restrain myself from buying too much and my daughter spent her pocket money on some pretty little clip on earrings...on the understanding they would just be worn on her birthday! Last week I visited Sue at Dairy House to see the finished 'Cheese room'. It's a real transformation and with Lizzie's stuff now upstairs it was a real feast for the eyes. I bought a lovely french child mannequin while I was there which I'm setting up to use as display...pics to come later.This week is a busy one, I'm preparing for the V and H fair in November and I'm at the Kilve court feastival on Saturday and working at Bea and Evie on Sunday for the artizan fair..if anyones about do pop in and say hello!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh sounds like you have a bit of a manic time! The pictures look lovely of the Stroud VF. Loved that you little girl brought some clip on earings. my eldest is definately going through a jewllery stage at the mo, with rings and necklaces. She pulls a face at the thought of earings at the mo, but I suspect that in a few years time it might be a different case. Lol.

    Hope you have a great week.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare, glad you enjoyed the fair. I was sad not to be there as I understand the cake was fab! We had to make do with Tesco custard tarts at the Bristol fair! Thank you for your lovely comments. Have a good week, Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Clare
    What a busy bee you are! I would love to have been there all the pictures are full of beautiful items. I can't wait to visit the Dairy House, Sue has done so much work, it all sounds fantastic in there.

    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. will pop across on sunday at the market , hope its busy! lol maxine

    ReplyDelete